Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Body Hates Me

And frankly, the feeling is mutual. It seems that the harder I try to get into shape, the harder my body fights that. But then again, things sort of seem to be getting better. I think this is the sixth boot camp I've done. This one and the last one have been a challenge in more than one way. Apparently my body isn't completely healed from this car accident. If we spend an hour concentrating on shoulders my right shoulder gets so tired I can hardly move it after camp is over. But today was considerably better than last week when we did shoulders so things are looking up! YAY! I didn't end up at the chiropractor today or even really have too many issues at all. It's sore yeah. That's to be expected.

Then there's the allergies. Geesh! If this tree pollen doesn't go away soon I'm gonna have a full blown asthma attack in the middle of boot camp. Today was as bad as I think it's been. I was gasping so hard at one point I thought I was going to throw up. It's got to get better soon, right?

And after having a few days off work my foot was feeling pretty good. Not standing all day seemed to do it good. But I went back to work today and we ran a lot at camp and now my foot hurts again. Do not touch the side of my foot or I'll be doubled over in pain. Oh well, I guess it's not going to break anytime soon or it would have done that by now.

So let's see, my knees and elbows have all given me issues but looking on the bright side, they haven't this camp or the last one. The neck, shoulder and upper back seem to be getting stronger. So, while my body continues to hate the things I do to it, I'm working on actually liking it again by, well, making nearly half of it disappear :) Woo hoo! Just call me a magician! HA! On a serious note, I'm not giving up until I get to where I want to be! So fight all you want this body of mine but some of you are in your final days!

No comments: