Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movin' On Down

I often am amazed at the plans God makes for us even when we don't realize what's going on. Like I said in a previous blog, I just returned from Maine after an amazing week at camp. I got home and wanted nothing more than to be back in Maine at the campgrounds soaking up the songs of the phoebe's and ducks and trying to catch a glimpse of that mysterious black bear who made an appearance during the week.

The day after I got home, I went to my mailbox and had a letter from Rite Aid, my employer, and wondered what they wanted now. Little did I know I held my future in my hands. As I opened it up and started reading this is what I saw "Dear Stacie, Enjoy what Maine has to offer! Summers are filled with festivals, going to the beach, hiking in the mountains and fishing by the rivers. The winter experience is one of the best around with unlimited skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and sledding. Let Rite Aid help you enjoy the best the seasons have to offer through a temporary or a relocation package to this beautiful area." It goes on to list a dozen Rite Aid stores in Maine that are in desperate need of pharmacists. The very first one is where my grandma gets her prescriptions filled. It's a store I'd been in twice during the week while I was in Maine.

I got that letter on Saturday. On Monday morning I emailed the person in the letter and by noon on Monday I'd made the (more than likely life-changing) decision to move to Maine. I'm not leaving right away. I'd like to finish out a year at boot camp and hopefully ingrain exercise into my life habits. I'll move around the holidays. Hopefully I can find somewhere to live but there's good news: Rite Aid will pay for temporary living or I can stay with family. I'm not sure my cats would enjoy the living with family as grandma has a cat too but you do what you gotta do, right?

I know just by going to Maine I won't get the warm fuzzy feelings back that I have when I'm at camp up there but I know that I'll be much less lonely living among family and many friends! I will greatly miss my friends here but that just gives me plenty of reason to come back and visit on long weekends! And hopefully my friends will feel welcome at my house to come visit any time they'd like. Maine is a beautiful place so even if I'm at work during the day, my friends can go exploring.

So, looks like things are moving and shaking and I'm movin' on down to the coast of Maine. Funny how childhood dreams take 30+ years to become reality. But God's always got something in mind and if I hadn't lived the last several years the way I had, I wouldn't be here now with this amazing opportunity in front of me. I can't wait to see where this path leads me.

No comments: